آغاز نمایشگاه COMPUTEX به سال ۱۹۸۱ بر می گردد. که در سالن فرودگاه Songshan برگزار شد.سال ۱۹۸۶ برج مرکز تجاری شهر تایپه (TWTC) میزبانی این نمایشگاه برای اولین بار به عهده گرفت که این میزبانی تا کنون ادامه دارد. پس از موفقیت جهانی کامپیوتکس و افزایش تقاضا برای حضور شرکت های مختلف و نیاز به سالن های بیشتر، باعث شد مرکز کنفرانس بین المللی تایپه، سالن دوم و سوم مرکز تجارت جهانی را برای پاسخگویی به تقاضا در اختیار نمایشگاه قرار دهد. پس از افتتاح این سالن ها شرکت های بزرگی مانند اینتل (Intel) ، تگزاس اینسترومنت (Texas Instruments) ، ایسوس (ASUS) و ایسر (Acer) و . . . نیز به این رویداد پیوستند.
لیست تاریخ برگزاری نمایشگاه کامپیوتکس
- COMPUTEX 2017 was held May 30 to 3 June 2017.
- COMPUTEX 2016 was held May 31 to 4 June 2016.
- COMPUTEX 2015 was held June 2 to 5 June 2015.
- COMPUTEX 2014 was held June 3 to 7 June 2014.
- COMPUTEX 2013 was held June 4 to 8 June 2013.
- COMPUTEX 2012 was held June 5 to 9 June 2012.
- COMPUTEX 2011 was held May 31 to 4 June 2011.
- COMPUTEX 2010 was held June 1 to 5 June 2010.
- COMPUTEX 2009 was held June 2 to 6 June 2009.
- COMPUTEX 2008 was held June 3 to 7 June 2008 and expanded to TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall.
- COMPUTEX 2007 was held June 5 to 9 June 2007.
- COMPUTEX 2006 was held June 6 to 10 June 2006.
- COMPUTEX 2005 was held May 31 to 4 June 2005, adding a new feature “Buyer’s Day”.
- COMPUTEX 2004 was held June 1 to 5 June 2004. There were 1,347 exhibitors, 118,052 visitors, and a gross exhibit space of 58,730 square meters.
- COMPUTEX 2003 was scheduled to be held in June. Due to outbreak in Asia, however, the show was postponed to September. There were still 1,241 exhibitors and a total of 2,419 booths, and COMPUTEX became the second largest IT trade show in the world in terms of numbers of exhibitors and visitors.
- COMPUTEX 1986 was moved to the newly built TWTC Exhibition Hall on Xinyi Road for the first time.
- In 1984, the expo was officially named COMPUTEX.
- In 1981, the first Taipei Computer Show (the predecessor of Computex) was held in the Songshan Airport Exhibition Hall.